Yesterday our local English language newspaper, Gulf News, posted a poll asking people what they thought about You Tube. The options were:
- You Tube should be banned
- You Tube should be censored
- You Tube should be left as is
- You Tube should be used as a tool for free speech
- I don’t care about You Tube
Because I couldn’t sleep last night I saw it posted in the early morning. The results were clearly in favour of ‘You Tube should be left as is’.
At 10am the votes looked a little different (cough cough). The overwhelming majority said You Tube should be banned (approx 60% votes). The rest of the results remained distributed in much the same manner as they had been earlier in the morning.
Now, why would that be I wonder?